Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Lawyers Collective Women’s Rights Initiative(LCWRI)
Location: New Delhi
About the Lawyers Collective Women’s Rights Initiative
The Lawyers Collective Women’s Rights Initiative (“LCWRI”)’s mission is the empowerment of women through law and is based on the belief that law is an instrument of social change and can be used in different ways to further the constitutional and human rights of women. Since its inception in 1998, the LCWRI has been actively engaged with the entire legal regime of addressing the rights of women in law. Our objective has always been to find out the efficacy and relevance of legislation and legal systems and recommend its better use, as well as to initiate and spearhead law reform processes, whenever required. Recommendations put forth are directed not only towards recognizing equality rights of women but also towards creating an enabling environment in which such rights can be asserted. The LCWRI’s efforts in creating legal awareness are guided by the overall objective of empowering women.
The work of the LCWRI has in the past years been focused on a wide range of issues such as domestic violence, sexual harassment at the workplace, sexual assault, reproductive rights, trafficking/commercial sexual exploitation and other similar issues. Our most successful campaign has been the enactment of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act in 2005.
· Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of deliverables, lead planning, action plans and monitoring processes.
· Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and reports on regular basis.
· Ensures close collaboration and coordination with partners, consultants to guarantee smooth implementation of activities.
· Conduct research on identified issues and prepare research papers/ reports/ publications.
· Oversee project activities and be the main contact point for the donors and staff.
· Develop training materials and publications on the concerned area of law;
· Prepare, in a timely manner, materials for both internal and external use including reports, action materials, submissions to be made in different fora.
· Represent the Collective in national and international forum as and when appropriate.
· Assist in organizing international, national, regional and state level consultations/trainings/meetings for the dissemination of information.
Advocacy, Trainings and networking
· Attend and conduct training programs for various stakeholders or on invitation as resource persons to LCWRI;
· Submit reports on any such trainings, questions raised, and feedback received.
· Interact with a network of law enforcement authorities, government officials, service providers, activists in the women’s movement etc.
· Develop partner relationships with concerned women and child departments and civil society organizations.
Any other task that may be assigned.
Person Specification – Applicants must hold the following qualifications:
1. A Master’s degree in law.
2. A minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in the field of human rights (preferably women’s rights) and law.
3. Proven ability to gather information as well as proven writing, communication and analytical skills.
4. A good understanding of women’s issues and a commitment to women’s rights.
5. Excellent research skills.
6. Ability to lead and organize, plan and prioritize work.
7. Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
8. Skills in computer applications.
9. Preference shall be given to women applicants and those belonging to minorities.
Terms and Conditions
The successful applicant will be based in New Delhi. The post is offered for a 1-year renewable contract. Salaries shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, an original, unedited writing sample and a cover letter answering the above-mentioned specifications to email@example.com
Last date for submission of application– 31st December 2016.