Legislating an Epidemic – HIV/AIDS in India: Manual on HIV/AIDS law (2006)
The Unit has consolidated its experiences and perspectives on HIV/AIDS and Human Rights by preparing extensive background papers on legal, ethical and human rights issues raised over the course of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. These papers have been published in the form of a book titled “Legislating An Epidemic: HIV/AIDS in India” by Universal Law Publishing Co. Pvt. In 2006.
Please write to us for a copy of the book.
Between 1999 and 2007, the Lawyers Collective published a series of newsletters on important developments pertaining to HIV/AIDS related law, policy and programme development.
- Mandatory Pre-Employment Testing in the Armed Forces (October 2007)
- The Duty to Disclose – Prospecting Middle Ground (November 2004)
- Social Security and HIV/AIDS (March 2003)
- Mandatory Pre-Marital Testing (December 2002)
- Vaccine Research and Ethical Concerns (September 2002)
- The National AIDS Prevention and Control Policy – A Comment (June 2002)
- Talking about HIV/AIDS – Sensitisation of the Judiciary and Law Makers (February 2002)
- Informed Consent and Mandatory Testing (December 2001)
- Women and HIV/AIDS – The Perpetual Battle of the “Better Half” (August-September 2001)
- The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2001 – Impact in the context of the HIV/AIDS Epidemic (May 2001)
- Disability Law and HIV/AIDS (February 2001)
- HIV/AIDS and the Workplace (May 2000)
- The Judicial Response to HIV/AIDS (January 2000)
- Health Care Discrimination and HIV/AIDS (November 1999)
- The Right to Marry Campaign (April 1999)
Know Your Rights
Leaflets in regional languages on Health and Employment Rights
1. Rights of People Living with HIV
2. Employment Rights of People Living with HIV